- WHAT IS THIS BARCAMP THING? WHY THERE IS NO AGENDA?
- DO I NEED TO DO A PRESENTATION WHEN I ATTEND THE BARCAMP DAY?
- IS BARCAMP ADMISSION INCLUDED IF I PURCHASE A CONFERENCE / WORKSHOP TICKET?
- WHAT’S YOUR TICKET RETURN POLICY?
- IF I ALREADY BOUGHT A PARTICULAR WORKSHOP ENTRY CAN I CHANGE IT TO A DIFFERENT ONE?
- WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- WHAT TIME DOES THE REGISTRATION START?
- CAN I TRANSFER MY TICKET TO ANOTHER PERSON?
- I'VE LOST / DIDN’T GET MY INVOICE. CAN I GET A DUPLICATE?
- HOW CAN I PAY FOR PRODUCTCAMP TICKETS?
- DO YOU OFFER ANY DISCOUNTS?
- CAN I PAY FOR THE BARCAMP DAY TICKET, BASED ON A PRO-FORMA INVOICE?
- DO YOU ISSUE VAT INVOICES?
- DO I NEED TO PRINT OUT A TICKET TO GET TO PRODUCTCAMP?
- WILL THE CONFERENCE VIDEO FOOTAGE BE AVAILABLE AFTER THE EVENT?
- HOW DO I GET TO THE CONFERENCE VENUE?
- WHAT ABOUT YOUR BEACHPARTY?
WHAT IS THIS BARCAMP THING? WHY THERE IS NO AGENDA?
Barcamp is a gathering of like-minded product professionals born from the desire to share knowledge and learn in the open environment.
Participants coming to barcamp should be ready to present, share their experiences or otherwise actively participate during the sessions.
There is no preset agenda known before the event. Barcamp starts with the session hosts (presenters) putting topics of their sessions inside empty slots on the barcamp board.
Sessions will run from the morning till the afternoon and are spread across 7 rooms. Before each round of sessions, presenters will pitch their topics, so that other participants can better manage their paradox of choice.
In case you wonder:
- Coffee / tea / water & lunch are provided
- Session hosts (presenters) need to use their own laptops & dongles. All projectors in the venue use HDMI connectors
- Each session lasts for 30min (we’re recommending max 25min for a presentation + 5min for questions/discussion)
- You can run your session in English or Polish
We’re open to all types of session formats. You can run a regular presentation, host a quick workshop, moderate a fishboal discussion or a Q&A session. As long as you don’t diverge too far from the broad arena of product / design / research / UX you will likely gather a handsome pack of followers eager to hear what you have to say or show.
DO I NEED TO DO A PRESENTATION WHEN I ATTEND THE BARCAMP DAY?
When you purchased your ticket for barcamp and you’ve selected a “Participant ticket” you don’t need to prepare a presentation or host a session. If you bought a “Speaker’s ticket” however or indicated in a checkbox that you’re presenting you do need to host a session. Why? See above.
IS BARCAMP ADMISSION INCLUDED IF I PURCHASE A CONFERENCE / WORKSHOP TICKET?
No. Tickets to Barcamp are sold separately.
WHAT’S YOUR TICKET RETURN POLICY?
You can return your ticket until 05.05.2019. After this date ticket returns will not be possible. If you want to return your ticket please email us at email@example.com. It might take up to 20 working days for funds to be transferred back to you.
IF I ALREADY BOUGHT A PARTICULAR WORKSHOP ENTRY CAN I CHANGE IT TO A DIFFERENT ONE?
No. Unfortunately it’s not possible.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
If you’re coming to a workshop on Thursday please bring a notepad and a pen / pencil for note making (or a laptop if necessary). Same for the conference and the barcamp :)
If you’re planning to host a barcamp session on Friday and give a presentation, please remember to bring your own laptop and a hdmi adapter. Also, don’t forget your swimmers. The weather is looking very promising.
WHAT TIME DOES THE REGISTRATION START?
Wednesday 5.06 (Conference)
8am - 8.45am. Conference starts 8.45 sharp.
Thursday 6.06 (Workshops)
Morning workshops: 8:30am - 12am
Lunch break: 12.00pm-1pm
Afternoon workshops - 1:00pm-4:30pm
Friday 7.06 (Barcamp)
8.30am - 9.00am. Welcome speech is at 9.00am.
CAN I TRANSFER MY TICKET TO ANOTHER PERSON?
Yes, you can transfer your ticket over, but not later than 04.06.2019. Please note, in order for the new person to get admission to the event, you need to let us know who you’re transferring to by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your transfer email please state: first and last name and the email of the person you’re transferring to. Transfering of the funds need to occur between you two.
I'VE LOST / DIDN’T GET MY INVOICE. CAN I GET A DUPLICATE?
If you bought your ticket\s directly from us please send us an email at email@example.com. If you bought your ticket via Eventbrite.com you can get your invoice from the confirmation email or by logging in to Eventbrite -> Tickets section.
HOW CAN I PAY FOR PRODUCTCAMP TICKETS?
You can choose one of the following two options:
1. If you’re a customer based in Poland and require and invoice, your option is to select a “pro-forma invoice” option and buy your ticket directly from us. This way you avoid processing fee by Eventbrite. After selecting your tickets and filling in the order form we email you with a “pro-forma” invoice. You have 5 working days to pay. After receiving your bank transfer we email you back with a ticket confirmation and “prepayment invoice”.
2. If you’re based outside of Poland or would like to pay online (paypal / credit card), please select Eventbrite payment channel.
DO YOU OFFER ANY DISCOUNTS?
Of course. Every person who buys both the workshop ticket and a conference ticket - in one transaction - will get 100 PLN off. This offer is valid ONLY if you buy them together in one transaction.
CAN I PAY FOR THE BARCAMP DAY TICKET, BASED ON A PRO-FORMA INVOICE?
Yes, but only if you’re buying your barcamp ticket together with either a workshop or a conference ticket. There is no possibility to get a pro-forma invoice if your’re only buying a single barcamp ticket. In such case go to Eventbrite and get your single barcamp ticket, pay by credit card or paypal. You’ll be sent with a tax invoice as well.
DO YOU ISSUE VAT INVOICES?
Sure. Please select your tickets and fill in the order form. We’ll then email you with a pro-forma invoice, which needs to be paid within 5 working days (otherwise your ticket reservation is cancelled).
After we receive your payment we email you again with a “prepayment invoice” (faktura zaliczkowa). After the event we email you yet again with a final invoice. Lots of invoices? Sure is. Polish tax law rocks!
DO I NEED TO PRINT OUT A TICKET TO GET TO PRODUCTCAMP?
No. If you have paid your invoice (proforma or eventbrite) there's no need to print anything. We already have your name on file.
WILL THE CONFERENCE VIDEO FOOTAGE BE AVAILABLE AFTER THE EVENT?
No. We’re not planning to record and publish the videos from the event. We want this experience to be unique and reserved to participants attending ProductCamp.
HOW DO I GET TO THE CONFERENCE VENUE?
All 3 days of ProductCamp are held in PPNT (Pomeranian Science and Technology Park). Gdynia, Aleja Zwycięstwa 96/98. Entrance: Science Centre EXPERIMENT.
Getting to PPNT from the Gdańsk Airport (GDN):
- SKM/PKM (Airport Train). Trains every 30min. Get off at Gdynia Stadion station.
- Uber / iTaxi (~ 50 PLN = 12 EUR)
- Regular Taxi (~100 PLN day / 160 PLN night)
Getting to PPNT from Gdańsk, Sopot, Gdynia:
- SKM (local light rail)
- Uber / iTaxi
- Car - car parking underneath the building (not too cheap for the whole day)
WHAT ABOUT YOUR BEACHPARTY?
The beachparty starts on Friday 7.06 at 7pm in Del Mar Restaurant.
Bulwar Nadmorski 1
Great views, good weather* and music all arranged.
* doing all we can.